Monday, January 24, 2011

Brevity Monday/Jets Lose/Icing Conundrum

Yesterday was my birthday, which I viewed as an exception to my weekend "don't write too much" rule. I had something to say, and it wouldn't have worked as well the day after my birthday.

And since today I don't want to write anything, I'm moving my brevity rule to Monday just this once, because I can, because I don't feel guilty about breaking my own rules because I'm incredibly lazy and don't hold myself to a high standard.

Two quick subjects:

Obviously, the NFL was waiting to present me with a birthday gift after making me hate the season by week 13 when Aaron Rodgers had to get a concussion and screw my fantasy team over (yes, I am one of those people who cares about fantasy football too much, but there was money involved, and I enjoy money)

The Jets lost on my birthday. Rex Ryan looked like he was going to cry on my birthday. I feel like there are karmic forces in the world, and I must've done something great to have that happen. If only I had saved a bus of orphans somehow, karma might've paid me back by having the Jets lose to the Chargers. Something to shoot for next year, I guess.

Also, the Saturday before my birthday, I got Iced. During said Icing, my brother joked that Icing is past its prime. Some people I talked to about the Icing also responded in the negative.

I say nay. It was fun, still enjoyable. This is because my friends and I only do it on special occasions, such as birthdays or when someone deserves it.

Icing a bro can still be very fun. In moderation.

No comments:

Post a Comment