Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Angeleno Again

So I'm back in LA for a bit, which is good, I guess. Although the fact that I ate a rather terrible burrito at two in the morning last night after having a good one in San Diego for dinner didn't seem like a good way to start off what I will refer to hereafter as "My Semester Abroad From Education." And I wasn't even drunk when I ate the second burrito. I just ate one because everyone else did. Thank gosh no one suggested cliff diving or having unprotected sex with hookers, because lord knows I'm enough of a lemming to go along with those things as well.

I'm not without some comforts from home. My magic coffee machine (also known as a Keurig, also known as just plain awesome for how much I don't have to clean and maintain it) replaced poor ol' Mr. Coffee on my kitchen counter. It was a melancholy moment because I opened up the Mr. Coffee to reveal a intensely molded coffee filter someone left in there (alright, it was probably me, but I'm not taking the blame for it; it could have very well been a visitor or something).

I'm not very good at taking care of myself or general upkeep, so the fact that I could drop the ball on something like that is a painful reminder of my incompetence.

Then I just made a cup of coffee with the magic coffee machine, realized technology is mostly awesome for incredibly lazy and irresponsible people, and went on the internet to see if I could buy a Roomba for a cheap price, because screw it, I don't want to learn lessons about house upkeep. I want robots to do that work before Skynet takes over and we have to start fighting them.

Anyway, responsibility aside, it's nice to be back in the land of sovereignty. I love my parents to death, obviously, but living with Zach, despite being far less luxurious than living at home (and if you're reading this Zach, how come you never offer to cook me eggs in the morning like my mom does? Aren't you supposed to worry about my well being before your own like she does?), a lot more of my jokes land with Zach as an audience, and that helps my confidence I guess.

Plus, it's nice to go out on Tuesday and not be viewed judgmentally about being a loafer. See, everyone I hang out with up here still goes to college primarily, and I just pretend I do too. Remember, it's a semester abroad type thing.

I will, however, miss the heck out of San Diego. I can't find any good hills in Los Angeles to look at when I'm bored.

 

1 comment:

  1. I like the part where you had a burrito followed by a burrito

    ReplyDelete