Friday, January 14, 2011

Overload

Before falling asleep last night, I fantasized about what my day would be like.  It went something like this:

You know what?  I saw that "Louie" was on Netflix, so I think I'm gonna watch a lot of that.  Man, that was a really interesting show; I really wanna watch it again because I suspect that the ratio of melancholy to funny is actually skewed a lot more in melancholy's direction than funny, and that's pretty bold for a comedian to do.  He's doing short Woody Allen films as delivered by someone really really angry. 

But you know what else?  I haven't watched "Northern Exposure" in forever.  God, that show is good.  I keep saying I'm going to re-watch that show and I still haven't.  Maybe it's for the same reason I haven't watched the Lord of the Rings trilogy again, it'd just be so time consuming to get through all of it.  But screw it; maybe I can get through "Louie" early in the morning (there are only 13 episodes, after all), then I can get on "Northern Exposure."

Oh shit, wait, I already have the third and fourth seasons of "Chuck" on my plate, too.  I kept saying I'd get caught up before Monday.  Gotta stay on that regiment.  So I'll watch that after "Louie."

Dude, thinking of TV makes me think of the True Grit commercial I saw today.  Good to see it's number one at the box office.  Should I see it a third time?  I kind of want to, but that seems silly, like something I'd do in middle school.  And I'm not in middle school anymore.

Ah crap, I just realized I still haven't seen Blue Valentine either.  And call me nuts, but I feel like I'm committed to seeing the Green Hornet, just because I'm so damn curious about that pairing of Seth Rogen and Michel Gondry for a movie like that.  I should see Blue Valentine first though, because that'll probably leave theaters quicker.

So maybe after watching all of "Louie," then a few more episodes of "Chuck," I can go see Blue Valentine tomorrow*.  That'd be a pretty good day, even though the end of it would involve me admittedly seeing a pretty heavy movie almost certainly by my lonesome, which probably wouldn't put me in the best mood in the evening, but oh well.  Good art is good art, I guess, and if I have a crummy night after a good day of media-watching, that's probably alright.  I can blog my opinions of these things too, which will be helpful, as I'm really quickly running out of ideas to write about.

Tomorrow should be awesome.

...As it stands, I watched two episodes of "Louie" and got my oil changed, which took like an hour.  Luckily, my oil change was free, so that was good.

Regardless, though, I think I need to temper my multimedia intake, and also take a long hard look at what I believe constitutes a "Good Day."

*Oh, and I should also listen to "The Wild Hunt" again by The Tallest Man On Earth.  That'd be a good thing to do to take a break or do while blogging.  Also, I should really try to steal more devices from the fifteen pages of David Foster Wallace stuff that I've read.  It makes me look a lot cooler, I bet.

No comments:

Post a Comment