Saturday, January 8, 2011

Brevity (Quality Over Quantity [Kinda])

Since it's the weekend and no one should work on weekends ever*, I have decided to make my posts especially brief, communicating a point as quickly as possible. This is an exercise in writing, and also a very lazy tactic.

There's a case to be made for Spike Jonze being my favorite filmmaker. I might like the Coen Brothers more, but Jonze is who I wish to emulate should I get the chance. This is because he makes nothing but good movies. Always thoughtful, offbeat, and beautiful films. This might be because he's only made three films.

Always take quality over quantity.

That isn't to say he's not prolific, however. You all have seen his music videos, and recently he's been making more short films. They are great exercises in tone, a little offbeat, and beautiful. Maybe not thoughtful, however. Sometimes they just make you feel a way.

If everyone operated in this select features, short art projects method, I think movies and media would be a much more enjoyable thing on the whole.

Here are some examples/trailers of his new stuff which you should all watch. All seven of you.






*Personal opinion, not actually true.

No comments:

Post a Comment