Wednesday, January 5, 2011

I did something I'm pretty sure I have never done in San Diego. I didn't sleep in my bed for two nights in a row.

Before you imagine anything cool, there was nary a girl involved. We slept wherever we could, as we had too much to drink two days in a row. One night was a friend's house, the other night may or may have not been a car (if my mom ever reads this, it definitely wasn't a car).

This last evening, we went out to PB. One of us went at about 6 in the morning to walk to McDonald's. Upon exiting the car, he vomited a little bit. Then he apparently vomited more on the way to McDonald's.

Before that, another one of us was not allowed into a bar because he was deemed too drunk.

Interestingly enough, I was neither of those people, which, if you know me, should come as a surprise.

I spent my evening making conversation with an attractive Brazilian woman. Only, by spending my evening I mean trying to decipher bad English in a loud establishment for about three minutes. But, again, if you know me, that's kind of a big deal. Ultimate victory.

We drove home around 7:15 in the AM. As such, we got to drive past downtown San Diego and the ocean area during sunrise.

If you could imagine that scenario for a second, you'd probably think it to be quite gorgeous. If you're less imaginative, here's a photo:


Pretty, right? Today's sunrise actually looked a bit nicer. In a slightly tired, mostly hung over daze, driving home with this was spectacular. It makes me really sad that I don't live here full time any more. It almost makes me rethink this whole "live in LA" thing a lot. And while Downtown SD is pretty, I miss the hills of El Cajon the most when I'm away.

That's right, I'm romanticizing East County. Deal with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment