Saturday, January 22, 2011

A Hypothetical Involving Basketball

Hey,  back to brevity for the weekend.

Say, do any of you 10-15 people who read this like basketball? If you don't, I'm sorry about this post, but I thought about it a couple days ago and thought this would be great filler on the weekends, when I strive to be brief.

Anyway, I was watching "Pardon the Interruption" when they started talking about Blake Griffin and the Clippers GM saying Griffin was "a Clipper for life." The dudes on PTI started debating it because of how shitty the Clippers are in terms of retaining personnel. They then started talking about what teams he could go play for when his contract expires.

They mentioned Oklahoma City because Griffin is a native Oklahoman and whatnot, but this got me thinking.

Oklahoma had the number three pick the year Griffin was drafted. This very easily could've been the number one pick, due to that lottery system that I only kind of understand. Which means that they could have drafted Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook, and Blake Griffin in a span of about three or four years.

That would be a team worth rooting for. As a man without a country basketball-wise (I'm a de facto Clippers fan because I dislike the Lakers personality-wise [plus, Blake Griffin is really fun to watch, as is Eric Gordon]), but if the Thunder had those three dudes on their team that'd be both awesomely fun to watch and a likeable team to boot!

Of course, it didn't happen, but it's nice to imagine.

No comments:

Post a Comment