Saturday, January 15, 2011

Expectation

I made it to my second weekend, which means brief posts. Hooray for that.

I type this as I watch the Steelers-Ravens game, which is important to note because this game is bug-nuts. It's really really fun to watch (so why am I typing? I know, I know) because everyone seems to be really angry and aggressive. A tackle for a loss right now just looked like a freaking wrestling grapple, and the Raven responsible turned to the crowd and told them to quiet down a bit. It's awesome and entertaining.

Yet no one gave a shit about it because of stupid stupid Rex Ryan and his stupid words coming from his stupid mouth. This sounds juvenile, but I have a rather juvenile level of hatred for stupid-face Rex Ryan.

This weeks playoffs match ups in the AFC can teach us a valuable lesson in expectation. The fun involved in something is exponential if you don't really expect much from it. Meanwhile, much like Miami Vice after watching the unbelievably entertaining (or douchey, if you're a hipster), the Pats-Jets game can only disappoint. Either the Pats kill the Jets and everyone is like "yeah, that was expected and technically proficient, but whatever," or the Jets win and everyone is massively disappointed.

So I'm just going to enjoy the crap out of this game.

No comments:

Post a Comment