Saturday, January 1, 2011

In Which I Force Myself to Keep a Regiment

It is January 1st of 2011. I am a college graduate who has spent the past several weeks sitting at home doing absolutely nothing adult, unless you count the consumption of adult beverages as a wholly adult thing to do (which I don't). I am wearing an oxford-style shirt that I think makes me look older, but in terms of growth and planning for the future, I have done very little, which is a little alarming, I guess. And I can only buy so many oxford shirts before I have to start actually doing real life adult things, like getting a job and talking to girls (although, let's not get ahead of ourselves with the girls thing).

So I made a decision about a week ago, which I will refuse to call a New Year's Resolution, the time and date are kinda irrelevant. I am writing in this blog every day, be it long or short stuff, stories or complaints, anecdotes or jokes and whatnot. I did want this to be gimmicky when I first got this blog name, I wanted to do things I would never do and complain about them. As it stands, the volume of writing I will attempt to do will not allow for just a gimmick. Plus, it's really hard to force myself to do things I don't like. Almost as hard as it is to write everyday. I guess this will be gimmicky after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment