Saturday, February 19, 2011

Throwback Friday

Yesterday, I planned to go to the movies in my 85 Toyota Pickup while wearing clothes I would've worn (or actually did wear) in high school. As a fan of nostalgia, I thought this was a great idea; I have fond memories of the parts of high school where I was able to drive, and I was going to see The King's Speech, which I hear is good.

Then I misread the time, my stereo didn't work, and I'm pretty sure I almost crashed three times on the way there because the weather was so bad. So I ended up keeping my car in the Edwards parking lot while I waited for the weather to clear (hopefully) overnight. So instead of having a throwback Friday, we ended up going to TGI Fridays and then watching a few episodes of "Louie" before I fell asleep because I do not have the impressive insomniac skills my friends do.

Just goes to show that you can't go back to the good ol' days, no matter how hard you try.

But so as to not end this post on a negative note, there were some pretty good dunks in the dunk competition today. I thought it kinda sucked that Griffin won with such a pageant type dunk when he was so solid for the first few without gimmicks and whatnot, but it was also nice he got to dedicate it to his friend who died of cancer, which was a sweet button to the night. Either way though, it was a fun one.

No comments:

Post a Comment