Sunday, February 13, 2011

Sunset Limited

I watched almost all of the Tommy Lee Jones/Sam Jackson/Cormac McCarthy joint The Sunset Limited today. I hope to catch the first fifteen minutes of it quite soon, as it is really really neat.

Don't go in hoping for sunshine though. Expect a long conversation about mortality, life, and whatnot. Expect eloquence and gravity that is the exact opposite of a majority of my blog posts. But it's much more fulfilling and quality too. And that's not a knock on me, just Cormac McCarthy is really good, y'know.

Anyways, it's was interesting to me because it was an hour and a half of two actors talking in a single setting. Pulling off something like that is uber-impressive. I can't imagine making a single-setting movie, let alone a good one. Cat on a Hot Tin Roof is a good one like that too, as is Clerks to a lesser extent.

If anyone has mostly one-location movie recommendations, let me know. I'd like to see them and be wowed and whatnot.

No comments:

Post a Comment