Friday, February 11, 2011

Billionaires Makin' Movies for Funsies

As a young person who is not outrageously wealthy or easily successful, I spend a lot of my time getting angry at young people who are outrageously wealthy and easily successful. Although it'd be pretty lame of me to get all "class warfare" on my blog-reading populace, seeing as how I'm definitely nowhere near destitute or anything, I thought I'd mention something I literally just read about.

Some billionaire's daughter is paying Paul Thomas Anderson to make movies. She's 25, which is approximately three years older than me.

This causes a malfunction in my systems, like a robot given an illogical answer set and completely crashes mentally (those that have seen "Clone High" get what I'm talking about that).

I can't like a young person who basically comes from such ridonkulous good fortune that she can quite easily force herself upon Hollywood via gigantoid checks (notice how I used two made up words in one sentence; I'm patting myself on the back for that).

But she's also financing PTA's movies, the ones no one else would! This does not compute!

And what's more perturbing is she financed True Grit! And she's paying for a John Hillcoat movie about bootleggers in the 1920s starring Tom Hardy!

But then I realize I'm sitting here, blogging, because I don't have several million dollars or a marketable name. And I'll be damned if I'm going to actually work to get my foot in the door in Hollywood*. So then I get angry again at young successful people and blog about it.

*That part was a joke, intended to be read as sarcasm, in case that wasn't obvious. I do intend to work and stuff, so please don't panic family members who might read this or people in the movie industry. Realize the whole tone of this was meant to be satirical, kind of.

1 comment:

  1. Are you A: handsome; B: smart; C: scrap metal; or D: all of the above? The answer, of course, is C.

    ReplyDelete