Tuesday, February 8, 2011

One-Week Screenplay and A Distraction

I'm a bit preoccupied today, as I'm trying to put thought into writing a screenplay in one week. This challenge started when I mentioned in passing that I wanted to write more to my roommate, which he didn't realize was just something I tell myself to make myself feel better about sitting around and doing nothing, thinking halfheartedly in the future that I will do stuff. Instead, he took it seriously, and now I'm stuck writing a screenplay in a week.

What's worse, is that I decided to write something incredibly convoluted and strange, which means I'll probably write a bad, bad script. Have fun reading that, Zach.

Anyways, that's why I don't have much to write today. I'll post my Darkness retrospective later this week, and a weird anecdote from my youth that seems more dangerous in retrospect.

To distract you, though, here's a badly-written blog from M. Ward and Jim James, popular indie musicians that make up parts of Monsters of Folk, She & Him, and My Morning Jacket.

I only bring it up because of the premise of the blog. It is entirely about creme brulees they taste around the world, told in weird language with very little capitalization.

But still, you have to give it to rock musicians who enjoy creme brulees. I personally love the dessert, even though I've only had it a handful of times. I love the blog idea because I actually have done Yelp searches to find good creme brulees in San Diego and Los Angeles, so the fact that I'm not the only one who seeks out the dessert with fervor is comforting.

No comments:

Post a Comment