Monday, February 21, 2011

Silverlake

My roommate and I, being without a lease in a few months as we will have both graduated, decided to test the waters and look around at places to live once this whole college thing is out of our systems.

Me being as lazy as I am basically just tagged along as we went to places Zach had decided he wanted to see. That's not a bad thing, it just means a lot of them are in Hipsterville, USA, also known as the Silverlake/Los Feliz area. We both walk the line when it comes to being actual hipsters, so I guess it made sense, but I made sure to wear my Nike t-shirt and do some push-ups before I went there just to separate myself from the pack*.

When we got to the first location on our stop, we came down a street void of hipsters, and full of older, working-class folk. Not what I expected.

Then a brown rooster walked out in the middle of the road and two pitbull-looking dogs sat and stared at our oncoming car from the roof of the garage of the place we were hoping to look at.

Definitely not what I expected.

Here I was worried about hipsters when my primary concern should have been poultry and pitbulls. It seems like I learn a new lesson about Los Angeles and the consequences of being presumptuous every day.

*I didn't actually do any push-ups.

No comments:

Post a Comment