Tuesday, February 15, 2011

A Futile Gesture

I think that most of you people that read this follow Spencer Myers' blog as well, so I won't go into depth about the story of how us two and Andres went last night to a place that has a giant sign on Jamacha that advertises half off drinks and appetizers EVERY NIGHT (emphasis on the "every night" part) to find out that we all spent double what we usually spend there, as for some reason they didn't want to give us half off as normal on Valentine's Day.

My mom noted that we could have probably argued through this and gotten our half-off (again, I point to the giant sign on the main road in Rancho San Diego), but we didn't because we fancy ourselves polite folk, which translates to us mostly being pushovers on matters like this.

So I did something to express my distaste in the establishment in a way that wouldn't involve direct conflict.

I grabbed a shitton of their complementary chocolate peppermints. I think I got seven or eight total, five of which remain as a symbol of my dislike for paying full price at a place where full price is only nominal for the late night happy hour time frame I usually visit the place at.

Now, let's evaluate how much of a blow I struck to the egos of the proprietors of the Savanna Grill.

I stole complementary mints. Yes, I did intend for that statement to be contradictory.

It was possibly the most useless thing I could do to express my distaste for what transpired. In the history of the Savanna Grill, this will not go down as a great "screw you" moment for them.

But did I feel better?

Hell yes I did.

Just remember this the next time you consider crossing me. If you treasure any form of after dinner mints you have, you best not do wrong by me.

No comments:

Post a Comment