Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Notes From Wednesday

Nothing big to write about, also got sidetracked during the day. Here's some random thoughts.

I've been contemplating buying a DSLR camera for a long while. They're those digital cameras that real serious-like photographers use, but with technology getting better, they also have the capability to record some stunningly awesome hi-def video, real neat shallow depth-of-field type stuff that I won't go into for fear of losing your interest (if I haven't already). This was important today because I went through the mental process of contemplating selling my Panasonic DVX, the outdated (yet still quite pretty in terms of image) video camera I first bought with my own money after saving up my money from working at a movie theater for around a year. It has sentimental value for those reasons, but I rarely use it. Still, I feel like it's a good token of the few times I've worked hard to buy something I really wanted. It's still the most expensive thing I've ever purchased on my own.

As you can tell, I already talked myself into keeping it, for two reasons. The aforementioned sentimental value, and the fact that every day I don't sell it, it's value decreases exponentially. But, really, it's mostly just because I love the damn thing so much, and I think about the good times I had just messing around with it and my friends on the few projects I did with it in high school.

This made me realize two things: 1) I am a packrat, and 2) I'm obsessively nostalgic. I'm not sure either of these are good things, though I'd like to think nostalgia, if viewed as a vice, is probably a better one than, I don't know, being a dick.

Also, I saw The King's Speech last night. If I had seen it sooner, I could have predicted its Oscar win ahead of time.

Not because of the fact that the Weinsteins are good at buying their Oscars (I guess they are, according to people who know these things), or that the movie was in fact one of the best pictures of the year (it totally is, though not sure it's the best but this is neither the place nor time to rant about Oscars).

It's the only film in the best picture categories that have corgis in it.

No one can resist corgis.

Here's a video of a corgi playing around a dock. It's wearing a doggie life preserver.



If you can resist that, I assume you've lost use of your soul, and you probably shouldn't be reading my blog or watching movies. You should go on a vision quest and find your spirit animal or something. Not sure how one really goes about regaining a soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment