Friday, March 4, 2011

I'm late to the game on this but...

Look at this.  Look at this baby.



It's adorable, yes. I watched this video and thought, shit, I should have a kid soon! Maybe he'll* be as awesome as that thing! I have never had that thought before in my entire life until then, which is a weird sign of me growing up I guess, which I'll go into more tomorrow.

But think about how weird technology is. That baby has been viewed six million times. Six million. I imagine at eight months, I probably would have been viewed by maybe a thousand or so, and I wasn't nearly as adorable as that baby, as I was probably asleep or doing less entertaining things than perpetually laughing at torn-up paper.

Six million people. Imagine if they get paid even cents per view; that eight-month old could pay for college. And more so, when that kid is in college, he'll have been viewed exponentially more than most human beings may be in their entire life.

Also, Charlie Sheen is apparently going to get paid tons of money to twitter.

All I'm saying is, the internet is crazy.

*I never imagine having a daughter in hypothetical situations, which means the joke will probably be on me if I have a kid, statistics be damned, forces in the world will conspire against me to defy stats and give me a daughter, I just know it.

No comments:

Post a Comment