Saturday, March 5, 2011

My Allegiances are Shifting

I oftentimes say weird and repetitive things to myself in an attempt to be clever. One I do at lot is, "Growing up means ________" followed by a self deprecating joke or something, or an honest observation.

One I came up with this week in that format was, "Growing up means developing crushes on women like Bonnie Hunt."

She was in the film I Want Someone to Eat Cheese With for a total of about fifteen minutes, and was quite possibly the most appealing woman I've seen on film in quite some time. But, still, it's weird to be attracted to a woman in her late forties that is by no means an age-defying beauty. That sounds wrong/bad, but I mean it in a good way.

But the thing is it's weird that I was attracted to her more than someone like that brunette girl from "Glee." I guess the shift to personality and likability over general hotness and stuff. It's weird, is all I'm saying.

But then again, I watched part of Doomsday in between napping and thinking almost constantly, good God Rhona Mitra is super hot. So maybe I'm not totally grown up.

No comments:

Post a Comment