Thursday, March 3, 2011

Devastating Thursday

Without much thought, I determined my evening would be spent the way most of my Thursdays are--watching NBC's comedy lineup, minus "Perfect Couples" (due to a refusal to watch Olivia Munn*) and "Outsourced" (how do people not find that show kind of offensive? I guess because people don't watch it?). The problem was that the episodes tonight were not new. More so, they were all episodes of "The Office," which is honestly the one I can take or leave at this point.

I know the blame should be on me for not checking earlier in the day to see if the episodes were in fact new, that a lot of the reason I'm probably hanging out by myself playing video games for the night, but I spent a good half hour being mad at my television, an inanimate object.

Then I started thinking that the problem wasn't the TV, but the fact that I'm socially inept. But see, that's what's so great about TV, is that they make the socially inept part of a club of people who laugh together, learn together, and understand things socially because TV has a good way of subtly explaining things to people.

We're all a little bit of Abed ("Community" character, if you didn't get the reference, please stop reading and watch all of the show right now), and without a new lineup, I'm forced to realize I might be doing something wrong in terms of being a functioning human.

But then I realize I have video games and the first season of "Community" on DVD. So all's well. I'll stave off becoming well-adjusted for the next time there isn't anything new on, and the paintball episode gets boring (probably never).

*I begrudgingly watch some of her "Daily Show" bits, with me guffawing at her lack of sense of humor.

No comments:

Post a Comment